We're continuing our series of Young Living Essential Oil tips & tricks using the essential oils in the Young Living Premium Starter Kit. Don't have a kit? I'd love to help you get started! Click here to sign up.
Frankincense & Copaiba are in the spotlight today...a double tip Friday since I missed last week, plus these two oils are a great synergistic combo.
Frankincense & Frankincense Vitality™ Young Living Essential Oils (Boswellia Carteri) are steam distilled from the gum/resin of the Boswellia tree grown in Somalia. It's high in sesquiterpenes which are known for their ability to deliver oxygen molecules to the cells as well as reprogram miswritten code in cellular memory. Frankincense has long been used in religious ceremonies and was well known during the time of Christ for its health supportive properties. As such, it was valued more highly than gold during ancient times. Because of it's many health benefits, Frankincense is a great oil to pull out when you aren't quite sure what to use.
- Diffuse Frankincense to increase spiritual awareness and to promote meditation.
- Apply Frankincense to the Vita Flex points and/or chakras to improve attitude and uplift spirits.
- Add a drop or two to your favorite facial moisturizer before applying for an added benefit of maintaining radiant skin and to promote a smooth-looking appearance. It is a key component in Young Living's Boswellia Wrinkle Cream™
- Place 1-2 drops of Frankincense Vitatity™ in a small amount of water, juice, milk, or NingXia Red® to support well-being and normal cellular health*. You can also place the drops in a vegetarian gel capsule and swallow with a glass of water.
Copaiba & Copaiba Vitality™ Young Living Essential Oil come from the gum resin tapped from the copaiba tree in Brazil which is then distilled. It is high in beta-caryophyllene and has a sweet, mild aroma. Copaiba is found in the Deep Relief™ and Breath Again™ Roll-On blends.
- Use in conjunction with Peppermint essential oil on sore muscles for an invigorating experience after working out.
- Apply after any essential oil to intensify the affect of the essential oil applied first.
- Add a drop or two of Copaiba Vitality™ to your iced tea to enjoy its complex, soothing flavor and to sooth mild digestive discomforts.*
- Put a few drops of Copaiba Vitality™ to a vegetable capsule to promote wellness and as an important part of your health regimen.*
Here's a recipe for a DIY Soothing Spray you can make with the oils in your PSK (Premium Starter Kit) plus a couple of options if you have others on hand. This spray is THE BOMB! I use it anytime one of my kids or I needs something soothing for our skin after a minor bump or scrape or spending time in the sun. Change the amounts used based on the size spray bottle chosen. Thanks to my friend Tami for sharing her recipe with me!
DIY Soothing Spray with Young Living essential oils
(if you purchase through the links here, I receive a small commission without it costing you any more than usual)
- 2 oz spray bottle
- about 1 oz alcohol free witch hazel
- about 1 oz distilled/purified water
- 5 drops lavender
- 5 drops copaiba
- 5 drops frankincense
- 5 drops tea tree (melaleuca alternifolia) or Melrose (YL blend) - optional
Fill spray bottle half way with witch hazel. Add desired drops of Young Living essential oils. Fill the remainder with distilled water. Shake and spray as desired!
What's your favorite way to use frankincense and/or copaiba essential oils? I'd love to hear about it in the comment section below.
See you next Friday for Summer Tips & Tricks with oils from the Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
I am passionate about helping people to become all they are created to be, leaving behind old patterns of thinking, of eating, of feeling, to embrace the life they are meant to live. If you’d like me to walk with you on this journey, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s discuss a plan that works best for you.