It was a rather random happening. I opened an email with information about a free opportunity buried in amongst other posts: a free month of weekly calls about the Aroma Freedom Technique. Inexplicably, something immediately grabbed my intention and pulled me in. I found the link to sign up and set a reminder on my phone.
That Friday, I logged into Zoom and found a group of people being instructed by Dr. Benjamin Perkus on the ins and outs of the Aroma Freedom Technique (AFT) and the ways people were being impacted. He shared about classes and certifications he would be offering and then encouraged us to all grab our oils for a clearing using AFT.
I don't know what specifically it was about that first call, but I knew that I was hooked. I was drawn to the method, intrigued by the immediate results, and had an instant connection with this community of people who were "practicing AFT."
That was a Friday. On Monday the certification class would be starting, and Dr. Perkus requested sign ups be in by Saturday.
It didn't make sense in a logical way…Where would the money come from? What exactly would I be able to do once I got certified? And who, exactly, was this Dr. Perkus? I wasn't entirely sure, but I knew that God was opening up a path before me. The choice was mine. Would I trust Him?
After much going back and forth (self-doubt and money worries hinder me the most, y'all), I decided that the voice inside my head was most probably God and I could trust Him with this step of faith. Truthfully, the worst that could happen was minor...I'd be out some money and some time. It would be ok either way.
Monday dawned bright and early, and I jumped on the zoom call and away I went. Dr. Perkus was kind and engaging. The more I listened, the more I knew that this was where I was meant to be.
Then another opportunity opened up to do level 1 AND level 2 concurrently. Again, I felt that irresistible draw in my spirit to take this "quantum leap." I hemmed and hawed again, self-doubt and money worries vying for a say. I listened some to those voices, how I could delay and wait to do level 2 another day…but there was just something about that moment in time that said: "this is it…this is the pathway to open up your passion…just do it!"
So I did. I jumped in and quickly felt over my head but I popped up soon and paddled my way to increasing my clarity and confidence with each AFT clearing and class interaction, my strokes getting stronger with each session. I've not looked back since except to admire the view from here, to see how far I've come in such a short amount of time.
How has AFT changed my life? Here are just a few of the gifts that are now mine because I said "yes":
- A broadened circle of friends and like-minded practitioners. My AFT buddy I met in my level 1 class and I still meet regularly for accountability and support. I have a growing network of support that undergirds my work on several levels, but most importantly my AFT practice and my Young Living business.
- A greater sense of purpose and direction. I have a structure within which my passion for helping people get free of what is holding them back can flow unhindered while sharing my love for essential oils. It's glorious!
- A way to share about Young Living Essential Oils compliantly. Who doesn't like a new way to share and build your Young Living business? Watch people's eyes light up as you help lighten their load as peace increases in their hearts while sharing your amazing oils.
- A tool that has immediate results. It doesn't take much time to show people how quickly they can experience a shift in their mental state and have more hope to reach the goals and dreams that before seemed so elusive.
- A method that works for groups of individuals. I put my certification to work immediately, helping oily and non-oily people, privately and in groups. I've more than made back my certification costs.
- A gift that just keeps on giving. Not only am I able to bless others, but I, myself, am daily blessed by the Aroma Freedom Technique and the practice I'm working into my life of clearing the blocks instead of staying stuck and stagnate. I don't have any excuses anymore! I can confidently take myself through AFT (or reach out to another AFT practitioner) and know that whatever has held me back in the past, doesn't stand a chance now!
- A spiritual support. This is, perhaps, the most valuable gift thus far. Scripture says to make every effort to add to our faith goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, mutual affection, and love*. I'm finding this modality is increasing my ability to produce fruit in keeping with repentance [getting new thoughts].** I'm finding that belief is rising and love is increasing. I am more confident about being who God has created me to be and in helping others to throw off everything that is entangling them*** so they can run their race full of love, peace, and joy.
Want to explore the Aroma Freedom Technique with me? May 19-20 in Dallas, Texas, I'll be holding an intensive 2-Day Aroma Freedom Technique Level 1 Certification. I'd love for you to join me! Sign up by May 1st and receive The Aroma Freedom Technique Quick Guide and an AFT sampler oil kit at the class. Questions? Send me an email: email@example.com. Ready to join the #aftrevoilution? Click the link to register today!
*1 Peter 1:5-12 "For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins. 10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
**Heb 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
***Matthew 3:8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance