Summer in Texas has arrived, so how about a little essential oil help to make this summer as comfortable as possible? Over the next few weeks I'll be giving you useful information to help you confidently navigate the summer months using the oils in your premium starter kit.
This week let's talk about Peppermint:
As with most of Young Living's Essential oils, Peppermint is steam distilled using the leaves and stems of the plant. It has a fresh, uplifiting aroma that is instantly recognizable. It invigorates the mind and senses, supporting clarity of thought and a healthy outlook. Peppermint Vitality has a great cool taste and provides gastrointestinal comfort and supports healthy digestion.*
Here are some tips on how to include Peppermint Essential Oil into your daily routine this summer:
- Rub on temples after you wake up for a morning energy boost
- Diffuse for an uplifting and energizing experience
- Put a drop or two of Peppermint Vitality in ice water for a super refreshing drink that also promotes digestive health* Add a drop of lemon and a dash of stevia for an extra burst of refreshment.
- Place one drop of Peppermint Vitality in your mouth for fresh breath.
- Put a pinch of salt in a bowl, add a drop or two of peppermint, add some water and stir. Next take a bandana or other lightweight cloth, dip in the peppermint water, wring out, and then drape around your neck for an amazingly cool break from the summer heat. You can use the same process for a foot bath at the end of a hot summer day.
- Put a pinch of salt in a 4 oz spray bottle, add 10 drops of peppermint, and fill with distilled water. Spray around doors and windows to assist in keeping your home pest free. You can also use this spray topically for a cooling effect.
- Massage into muscles and joints after an invigorating work out.
Check out this recipe for Guilt-Free Peppermint Brownies. So yummy!
What's your favorite way to use peppermint essential oil? I'd love to hear about it in the comment section below.
See you next Friday for Summer Tips & Trips with oils from the Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.